Mark your calendars for the next Hacker News DC event:
What: Happy Hour and Startup Showcase
When: Wednesday, February 23rd - 6:00pm to 9:00pm-ish
Where: Ragtime in Arlington (near the Courthouse metro stop)
This will be another Happy Hour, but with the addition of something shiny and new: We're going to pause conversation from 7:00 to 7:30 for a startup "showcase".
We'll hear from the following startups:
- Three Rides - Plan exciting motorcycle routes online (http://threerides.com)
- Resume Everywhere - Post and manager your resume across multiple job sites (http://resumeeverywhere.com)
- Atombox - Store and manage your GTD lists (http://atombox.net)
- Stock Yoyo - A free and enjoyable way to learn about investing. (http://stockyoyo.com)
- Citrrus - Mobile technology company (http://citrrus.com)
Huge thanks to SB Nation for sponsoring appetizers for the event.
SB Nation is the country's largest and fastest growing online sports media company. Based in Washington DC, SB Nation owns and operates nearly 300 team-centric, sport-specific and regional websites, creating the nation's preeminent network of online sports communities. Working with only the most respected writers, editors and bloggers, SB Nation empowers passionate fans to engage in high quality sports conversation.
We now have a website for our group at HackerNewsDC.org.
This site is intended to augment--not replace--our Meetup page in a few ways:
- The front page and the Sponsors page serve to recognize and thank our sponsors.
- The Projects page showcases startups and side projects by our members.
- The About page provides background information and answers frequently asked questions about the group.
All other information, scheduling, discussions, etc., will continue to reside on the Meetup.com page.
We Need Help
Our logo is decidedly "meh", and the website layout and graphics are uninspired. (I'm allowed to say that, 'cause I made them. I'm an Erlang hacker, not a designer.) The text likely has speling and grammatical error. And we need more pictures taken by somebody with a fancy-shmancy camera.
If you'd like to help, email Rusty.